Your safety is our top priority at YouNow. The internet can be a scary place, but we’re here to make sure you know how to build a positive and supportive online community, while ensuring you feel protected, supported, and secure.
Step 1: For your own protection, please adhere to YouNow’s Community Guidelines.
Step 2: Protect yourself. Use the tools and enforce the rules.
-Separate your virtual and personal identities.
-Never share your personal address or phone number. Period.
-If you ever feel uncomfortable, don’t hesitate to use any or all of the in-product safety tools at your disposal:
- Blocking: Block any user from posting on your profile or interacting in your broadcasts.
- Reporting: Flag content that you believe violates YouNow's terms of service or community guidelines, or puts any member of the community at risk. This action will notify a moderator who will review the situation and take action immediately.
- Silencing: If you’re broadcasting, you have the ability to silence a specific user from participating in the chatbox of your broadcast. Silencing only lasts for the duration of that broadcast.
- Appoint a trusted broadcast referee: If you want to focus on your performance during your broadcast, you have the ability to assign a broadcast referee. Referees will have the ability to silence users for you, so you can focus on your live stream.
- Contact: Still concerned? Send any questions to www.younow.com/contact-support . We’re here to help. 💪
Step 3: Have fun
-Staying safe and having fun go hand-in-hand. Happy streaming!
Pro tip: Nothing ever gets deleted off the internet. Be cautious of the information you share with your viewers.