Legal, Privacy & Security
Our users’ account security and safety is our top priority. Below you will find our recommended actions to ensure that your account on YouNow is kept safe and secure.
Logging into YouNow
- When you log in to YouNow, you are logging in via an existing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google account. YouNow does not store your passwords in any way
- If an account that you use to log in to YouNow becomes compromised, meaning someone has access to your social media account or email account, the first thing you should do is change your passwords on all of your social account(s), and your email account(s) associated with them.
Keeping your accounts safe:
- Always use unique logins. Don’t reuse passwords for all social media accounts.
- Never share your passwords with anyone. They’re yours, they’re private --eep them that way!
- Beware of Phishing! Internet scammers may create fake websites that look like YouNow (or other sites you use) and ask you to log in with your email address and password. Make sure to check a website’s URL before you enter your login information. If something looks wrong, it could be potentially harmful Always type www.younow.com into your browser to get to YouNow to confirm you’re on the correct page. Learn more about phishing here.
- Never click on suspicious links, or download anything suspicious, even if it appears to be sent from a friend or a company you may know.
- Avoid including your name or common words in your password. Make your password complex, including numbers, special characters, uppercase letters, and lowercase letters.
- Make sure your email account is secure. If someone has access to your email, they can request a password reset for any accounts connected to it and gain access to other accounts that belong to you. If you believe any of your accounts have been compromised, change your email password(s)!
- Remember to log out of YouNow when using a shared device.
- YouNow will never send you emails from an address that does not end with @younow.com. If anyone on the YouNow team contacts you, including Partner Managers, Finance, Marketing, and Support, their email will always end with @younow.com.
Contact our Trust & Safety team directly at www.younow.com/contact-support if you have any questions about account security.
If you’d like to learn more about online security, we recommend these external resources:
Law Enforcement and Legal Matters
If you are a law enforcement professional and need to reach YouNow regarding an investigation, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Minors on YouNow
We do not allow children under the age of 13 to use YouNow. There are no exceptions to this rule.
YouNow never shares user data with third parties. We do comply, however, with information requests from law enforcement officials.